Tuesday, June 12, 2012

SHOPAHOLICS ANONYMOUS - THE REMIX




I enjoy shopping, like most women; making new purchases and discovering pretty things. However, I was recently forced to treat my closet as a shopping mall! Due to an aggressive effort to save and make better decisions in my spending, I had to use what I had in my closet to create the look that I was hoping for.  (Brunch Ladies – you too?  Phew, thanks!)

This created somewhat of a challenge for me. I had to change my prospective.  I decided to look at my existing wardrobe in new and interesting ways. After a few struggles and near breakdown, to my surprise I was able to come up with a few really chic outfits!  I was even able to create an outfit for a very big event; normally I went have went out and made a wardrobe purchase.

This both a fun exercise and a learning experience. I realized that fashion is personal style; it starts with who you are and how you want others to perceive you. Without personal style, your fashion will be unauthentic and you'll be constantly searching for the next new trend and item to purchase. I also realized that this can translate to other life lessons.

As women, we must start with our “inner man” (spirit). We must build confidence and trust in ourselves and our choices before we can exemplify that on the outside for others to see. So, I challenge you to start your next shopping experience in your closet, you might be surprised!  You may never have to leave your home to get what you need.

FASHION AWARD EVENT

CASUAL BUT CUTE

“Live for Fashion, Fashion IS … Life”

Charquis Meadow is the designer entrepreneur of Charm Apparel Brands based in Maryland. For more information about Charquis visit www.charmapparelbrands.com .

Brunch Ladies:  We so agree!  Authenticity that’s affordable and beautiful rocks and we are all about beginning with the “inner bling”.

No comments:

Post a Comment