Monday, April 14, 2014

Catching up! Meet a new author...

Hope all is well. Authors are creative people and we are a community. Today's post is part of an author connect hoping to give you a little update on my latest project and possibly introduce you to a new author friend :). So here it goes.

What am I working on Next?

My next project is Bridal Brunch. The 3rd fiction book in my beloved Sunday Brunch Series. You first met my besties (in my head) Lexi, Jewel, Capri, Jermane and Angel. Five women lawyers who are each at different places personally, professionally and spiritually! It has been a journey! Sunday Brunch is a celebration of friendship, faith, love, romance, fashion and all those things that ladies love. These women were inspired by some of my real life friends I met in law school circa (eh-um). In the second novel, Sunday Brunch Diaries, the women begin to mature in life with marriage and more life tests! If you are familiar with my writing you understand that it always has a dash of encouragement and inspiration. So with Bridal Brunch, the journey continues with our favorite character Jewel!

Jewel is a former lawyer turned owner and events coordinator of Fabulous Jewels Events...with Events that Sparkle like Diamonds! Jewel finally hears those words that any events planner dreams of "MONEY IS NO OBJECT" . Her infamous client is none other than her walking disaster turned diva sorority sister and college protege' McKenzie Myles. She has tapped Jewel to coordinate her LA based nuptials to her plastic surgeon fiance'. Soon Jewel gets caught up in the glamorous world of the couple, questioning her own life choices. However, she soon realizes the million dollar client she'd begged God for is a huge test. (Be careful what you ask for - smile)

Can Jewel deliver the dream wedding in spite of a groom that's clearly crushing on her and an approval addicted bride? Can she over look the A-list treatment, lavish gifts and risk the potential huge check to do the right thing? Only time will tell.

Bridal Brunch (May 2014) - The Girls are Back!


How does my work differ from others of its genre? 

I love writing about women. Positive, yet flawed women. I love celebrating friendship and I love my characters to inspire and encourage. Many of my books, especially the brunch series, are meant to be relatable. I want readers to say to themselves,  "I have so been there!" I also like to write characters that have really honest and sometimes funny conversations with God.  Because that's how I talk to Him on a regular basis!

Why do I write what I do?

I believe it's my calling. I'm still continuing to grow and listen to God for more direction. I love writing but I believe it's a catalyst for some other groundbreaking ventures I'll tap into over the next few years. I love celebrating positive women. I especially love to encourage and motivate what I call the "hidden gems" because I was one of those women. I had no idea what my purpose was and God used writing to build my confidence and help me to understand how special I was to Him. There is so much negativity in the world. Our images suffer greatly and I would hope that my books give a different picture.  Lastly, I want to bring women together to celebrate life, love and literature!  I want my books/ventures to be one big purpose party! So look out for my Brunch Lady venture!

How does my writing process work?

Hmmm. I'm kind of random but working on it. I journal...a lot. I utilize outlines and notecards. I'm led by the character or a great story idea, then I just write.

So enough about me...I want you to meet my writing sister Dr. Vivi Monroe-Congress! She has a refreshing spirit and several fabulous bold fictions reads.  My favorite is the Bankrupt Spirit but her latest release is No Conditions.

xoxo
Norma L. Jarrett
Author
www.normajarrett.net

No comments:

Post a Comment